Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I'm definitely ready

for the return of summer.

Firstly, even if this is my 7th Northern Hemisphere winter it *still* feels wrong to be shivering in February.

But mostly I'm just tired of shivering. It's been getting as low as 40 F at midnight and that's way too low for my tastes. Stop laughing, those of you living in snowlands; I've never lived where it snows and I suspect I never will.

I do recall winter mornings (in July!) in the early 60's in Melbourne where it did get cold enough that the water in the puddles would be frozen if we got to school at 8 AM. That was the nearest we ever got to ice-skating. I remember walking to school past frost laden lawns and pretending that I was smoking. And I remember feeling miserable as I shivered then. I still feel miserable shivering!

Give me my Phoenix 100 F at midnight instead! I'm ready for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I'm not a cold weather person either (although you think I'd be used to it living in Scotland).

I loved it when I was in Madrid to be able to walk down the street at midnight in shorts and t-shirt.

Camden Doors said...

This is ggreat